Categories of the personal data to be processed
We process the following categories of personal data in the context of the purposes described by us:
• Name and address details (Name, Address, City, Telephone number, E-mail);
• Date of birth and gender;
• Details of your partner and / or fellow tenants or co-residents;
• Current living situation and wishes, urgent statement
• Landlord statements
• Financial data, specifically: income data, source of income (in case of housing permit), bank account numbers and possible payment arrears;
• The information that you actively provide yourself in order to qualify for a rental or owner-occupied home
• Login details for the portal (s);
• Information about nuisance and / or housing-related fraud.
In some cases, we also process the following categories of special personal data, which, given their sensitive nature, are additionally protected:
• Citizen Service Number (BSN) in the case of a rental to which housing benefit applies or other matters where a government body authorized to do so requests the Citizen Service Number.
Purposes of the processing
We, and / or the third parties and / or processors engaged by us, process the above personal data for the following purposes:
Entering into and executing agreements:
• In the areas of rental, purchase, use, maintenance, repair, service, (vegetable) gardens and storage;
• Sending the newsletter
• As well as entering into and implementing covenants with municipalities and / or social organizations;
• Calculating and recording income, expenditure and making payments;
• Collection of receivables, such as collecting the rent, Rent payments via iDeal via portal (s) or Owners Association contribution, including placing those receivables in the hands of third parties;
• Dispute handling;
• Internal management activities.
Implementing or applying legislation and regulations and (social) policy:
• Implementation of policy in the context of further allocation, housing allocation and housing permits;
• Preventing, detecting and combating housing-related fraud and nuisance;
• Comply with obligations regarding the (right to) housing benefit;
• Performing an audit;
• Promotion of a safe and liveable living environment.
Maintaining contact in the context of:
• Register and send the newsletter;
• Identifying, authenticating and authorizing users of the portal (s) / app;
• Respond to housing supply;
• Entering into a service subscription;
• Resident participation;
• Social Media
• Reporting complaints, nuisance and / or housing fraud;
Inquiries and orders:
• Requests for permission in connection with changes or repairs to the rented property (such as a new toilet / shower / kitchen, hard floor covering, solar panels / screens, placing satellite dishes, other renovations);
• In addition, we may carry out certain processing operations, such as carrying out measurements, analyzes and research, exclusively to improve the quality of our services.
Data to third parties
Rent Valley will only provide your information to third parties that are necessarily involved in carrying out the above purposes or if a law or court order allows or requires this. For example, you can think of the contractor, installer, plumber or expert who carries out maintenance and repair work or expert research on our behalf, but also, for example, the municipality or the tax authorities. Also in cases such as preventing, detecting and / or combating fraud, abuse or (residential) nuisance, we may be forced to provide your data to third parties. In all other cases, Rent Valley will first ask for your permission before providing your personal data to third parties.
Social media and third party websites
Our websites include buttons and links to promote or share web pages on social (media) networks, including, but not limited to LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, or third-party websites. Rent Valley does not supervise this and is not responsible for the handling of your personal data by such third parties. Using other media is therefore at your own risk. In any case, you should consult the privacy conditions of third parties before using such services.
Rent Valley is committed to the security and protection of your personal data. Rent Valley has taken appropriate technical and organizational measures to secure and protect your personal data against loss, alteration, misuse or any (other) form of unlawful processing. Every person who has access to and / or processes personal data at Rent Valley is obliged to maintain the confidentiality of that data, unless otherwise provided by law or regulation. Rent Valley maintains an internal policy with regard to access authorization. In the event Rent Valley uses the services of third parties, Rent Valley will make agreements regarding the careful processing and security of personal data in the context of the protection of personal data.
Your privacy rights
Upon request, you can view, rectify (change) and / or delete your personal data yourself.
When you make a request for access, rectification (change), restriction, transfer or deletion of your (processing of) personal data, Rent Valley will process that request.
You can submit your request via the email address firstname.lastname@example.org
You will normally receive a response from Rent Valley within four (4) weeks of receiving your complaint. Your identity will be verified before handling the complaint.
If you do not agree with the way Rent Valley handles your personal data or the manner or outcome of your request, you can submit a complaint to the Dutch Data Protection Authority.
Retention periods personal data
Rent Valley does not store personal data longer than necessary, for example as long as the performance of an agreement requires this, during the process prior to the purchase or sale of a home by or to Rent Valley or as long as the law requires Rent Valley to do so. Different (legal) retention periods and obligations may apply to different categories of personal data, which, for example, continue even after an agreement has ended.
Changes to Privacy Statement
Rent Valley is always entitled to change this Privacy Statement, for example when legislation and regulations require this. Changes will only be made known through our websites in a modified version. You should therefore periodically consult our websites.
Cookies and statistics
Rent Valley keeps track of usage data of the Websites such as IP addresses, domains, date and time of calls or requests, referring internet sites and other parameters in the URLs. These log files and data are used for statistical purposes and in an anonymous manner.
In order to increase the ease of use of the Websites, Rent Valley uses so-called “cookies”. A cookie is a small piece of information that is stored on the computer in the form of a file. This allows us to recognize you (your computer) on your next visit. You can set the browser at any time so that cookies are deactivated and are therefore no longer stored. Disabling this may have consequences for the ease of use of our and other (linked) website (s).
Because of the Google Analytics service used by Rent Valley, cookies are also placed. Rent Valley uses this service to track usage of the Websites and to obtain reports. By using the Rent Valley Websites you consent to the processing of the information by Google in the manner and for the purposes described above. Cookies are also placed by using buttons, as described above under “Social media and third-party websites”. Rent Valley has no influence on this. You can read more about cookies and how you can block or delete them on the website of the Consumers' Association.
If you have any questions or comments about the processing of your personal data and this Privacy Statement, please contact Rent Valley's Customer Contact Department via the email address email@example.com
This Privacy Statement was established on May 24, 2018
The information shown on this website is carefully compiled by Rent Valley. However, Rent Valley cannot guarantee the completeness / incorrectness of the information shown. Rent Valley aims to provide information about the activities, products and services that Rent Valley offers through this website. Changes can be made without prior notice. Rent Valley does not accept any liability for the uninterrupted functioning of this website.
Visitors to rentvalley.nl cannot derive any rights whatsoever from the information shown on this site.
Rent Valley is not liable for information and / or messages sent by users of the website via the Internet.
References to sites that are not maintained by Rent Valley are included purely for the information of the visitor. Rent Valley is extremely selective with regard to the sites to which reference is made, yet Rent Valley cannot guarantee the content and functioning thereof, nor the quality of any products and / or services offered thereon. Any liability with regard to sites not maintained by Rent Valley is disclaimed.
The data shown on this website, including texts, photos, illustrations, graphic material, (trade) names, logos, goods and service brands, are the property of or licensed to Rent Valley and are protected by copyright, trademark law and / or any other intellectual property right. The aforementioned rights are in no way transferred to (legal) persons who gain access to this site.
The content of this website may only be used for non-commercial, private purposes. Visitors to the site are not permitted to reproduce, distribute, distribute or make available to third parties for a fee, without the express written permission of Rent Valley.
*This privacy statement is automatically translated. No right can be derived from it.