how we work

Are you eligible for a home at Rent Valley? Choose the desired apartment under "Rental Offer" then fill in the free registration form. Do you qualify for the apartment and have viewed the porperty? Then we will ask you to send the following information:


  • Copy of valid passport or proof of identity (no driving license!)

Foreign identity

In case of an expat or other nationality, there is not always a Dutch identity document available. For an identity from outside the EU, a visa. residence permit must be supplied.

  • Residence document stating the maximum duration of stay (if non-EU)



Are you employed?

If there is an income from employment, you must at least be in possession of an annual contract with your employer. The probationary period must be over and a declaration of intent (stated on the employer's statement) is mandatory.

  • Employer's statement or labor contract
  • 3 recent pay slips, not older than 3 months
  • Bank statement on which the last paid wages are stated

Is there a probationary period in your contract which has not been completed yet? In this case, an advance of rent or deposit may apply.


Are you an independent entrepreneur?

With self-employment, an advance payment of one month deposit applies. In addition, your company must have existed for at least 2 years.

  • Profit and loss account for the past 2 years, approved by an accountant
  • Excerpt Chamber of Commerce


Are you retired?

A more flexible income requirement applies to a pensionary. This is taken into account in the income calculation. You must provide the following:

  • Annual statement AOW
  • Annual statement of supplementary pension
  • Bank statement showing that the state pension and the pension have been paid

Are you a student or guarantor?

For students there is always the possibility to work with guarantors. A guarantor is someone who agrees to pay your rental cost if you are no longer able to pay these cost yourself due to undoreseen circumstances. The guarantor must hand over the following documents;

  • Copy of valid passport or proof of identity (no driving license!)
  • Employer's statement or labor contract
  • 3 recent pay slips, not older than 3 months
  • Bank statement on which the last paid wages are stated

Do you have a guarantor abroad? This is possible, but an advance payment of one month deposit applies. 

The student must provide a proof of enrollment at the school. This can be requested at the school.

  • Proof of enrollment at school



Are you currently renting a property or did you rent a property before?

  • Landlord statement (to be requested from your landlord)


Do you currently have a property for sale?

If your property has been sold (with reservation), the resolutive conditions must have expired. This way you can be sure that you do not run the risk of double housing costs. Has your property not yet been sold? Then we include your mortgage costs in the income calculation.

  • Mortgage holder statement (to be requested from the bank / mortgage provider)
  • Deed of sale
  • Annual statement of mortgage from last year


Are you living with your parents?

No additional information is required.



Do you have monthly obligations, such as a loan, study debt or do you pay partner / child support?

Provide a copy of this, stating the remaining amount and the monthly obligation.

  • Statement personal loan or revolving credit
  • DUO statement regarding remaining study debt
  • Divorce agreement on maintenance
  • Other obligations



We apply the following income requirements:

  • 1 person –net income is 2.5x the rent incl. G/W/E
  • 2 persons –net income is 3x the rent incl. G/W/E

Bij de volgende mogelijkheden is er de mogelijkheid om gebruik te maken van garantstellers:

  • 1 person –net income is 2.3x the rent incl. G/W/E
  • 2 persons –net income is 2.7x the rent incl. G/W/E
  • Students

Do note: The income requirements will be included in the assessment, but your profile will also play a role in this.



(Affordable) housing permit required?

If you need a housing permit for a property you are applying for, you must upload an income statement (IB60-form). You can find out wheter a housing permit is needed in the description of the property in question. The housing permit can only be requested after signing a rental contract. Therefore you can not provide the housing permit for your apllication. 


AVG Passage for consumer review:

The moment you wish to become a tenant, we provide your details to Economic Data

Resources B.V. (EDR). Based on this information, EDR will provide advice about your

creditworthiness. EDR uses your data to investigate your creditworthiness and

contact details. If you wish to object or would like information about the use of your

personal data by EDR, see:



Do you have pets?

Pets are not allowed in our homes.



  • Preferably deliver the documents digitally and legibly. 
  • It is important that the file is complete, so take the time to deliver the correct documents. This speeds up the rental process and increases your chance of being eligible for a rental property.
  • All documents, such as pay slips, Chamber of Commerce extract, employers, - landlords, - mortgage holder statement may not be older than 3 months.


Do you want to know more about our current housing offer


Register here